Sunday 18 August 2013

Summer Movies and Music

Recently, I've been spending far too much time on the computer, due to the fact that I've been trying to write my book.
But HUZZAH, I have finally got somewhere with it!
If you fancy having a read of the first chapter, then here is the wattpad link:
Leave some feedback if you have a chance - thank you!


Now, on with the blog post...

I've seen a couple of films recently, both of which I would undoubtedly recommend.
Firstly, I saw Now You See Me:


Now You See Me is an extremely fast-paced magician-based crime thriller (of sorts) which gets darker and more complicated with each step that you take. Each of the magic tricks you see leave you mind-blown and questioning how it links to the grand scheme of the plot. It's an incredibly clever film which will leave you in awe and slightly gobsmacked, as you realise how everything is so perfectly interwoven.

The next film I saw was The Lone Ranger:


This movie was incredibly panned in the United States, partly (I suspect) because it doesn't portray Hollywood's idolised view of The Wild West and, instead, shows it to be how it actually was - i.e. a dirty and 'sinful' place (due to the alcoholism and prostitution) where the progressive white men (modern day Americans' ancestors) were greedy and uncaring of the Native Americans. HOWEVER, this film is probably the best that I've seen since I sat in a cinema, way back in 2008, and fell in love with Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker.
The Lone Ranger is hilarious, dark, and surprisingly heartfelt, which will leave you crying with laughter long after the credits finish rolling. And on top of all that, the cinematography is stunning - with locations such as Monument Valley. I would highly recommend seeing this film before it leaves the cinemas, especially since you'll probably want to make a second trip, just to watch the idiocy of Johnny Depp all over again.



As well as writing my book and watching a few movies, I've been listening to a load of new music recently. Although the songs aren't technically 'new', their new to me, so I thought I'd share them with you lot in case you haven't either of them before either.

Fools by Lauren Aquilina

Youth by Daughter

Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwich

Old Pine by Ben Howard

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes


My taste in music is fairly diverse, but I go through phases and right now I'm going through a relaxing/summery/guitary/hearfelt lyrics phase, so...voila!
I have a massively long playlist on Spotify called "We Are Young Soundtrack" which I have on repeat whenever I'm writing. The song above are all on that playlist. I have no idea if the songs somehow effect my writing, but lemme know what you think. (I had Old Pine on repeat when I was writing chapter one)

Anyway, I should really be disappearing off to do some more writing now.

Cherrio!

No comments:

Post a Comment