Friday 20 December 2013

December cheer

JMU! JMU!

I apologise immensely for having not posted in months, I've been excruciatingly busy and have been dealing with a pain-in-the-ass landlord who decided that a mouldy room was my fault.
Erm, no. It's really not.
Turns out there was a brick missing in the external wall that meant whenever it rained (and this is England so, y'know, that happens a lot) water ran down the inside of the building's structure, meaning that my room became damp and then mouldy. Whoop! Student housing is such FUN.
Though, I've got to say, the house is amazing. It's a newly refurbished, semi-detached house with a garden. We even have a stain-glass window.
Like...whut. That's waaay too classy for our little student lives.

But ANYWAY.

I decided that I would post near Christmas, firstly to say Merry Christmas (and a late Happy Hanukkah), and to update you on my year abroad allocation.

Firstly, for those who don't know or have randomly stumbled upon my blog (sup), I read American Studies, and thus I have a year abroad in an American university. Back in November I applied to eight universities - in order of preference - and gave my reasons for wanting to go. And then the waiting game began.
BUT, today it was finally over because my letter arrived! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason behind the seemingly random selection of letters at the beginning of my blog: I am going to James Madision University, otherwise known as JMU, in Harrisionburg, Virginia!
I've been in love with JMU since I first heard about it - so over two years now - and it was my first choice on my application.
It doesn't feel real, but I'm simultaneously ecstatic because I know I'm going there.

I seriously can't wait because I know that it will be an incredible year.

James Madison University campus

I shall be posting again soon because I've been working on We Are Young.

Goodbye for now! I must go and start stocking up on purple and gold attire (the JMU colours)!

No comments:

Post a Comment