Wednesday 22 May 2013

An Inspirational Person

This is just going to be a quick post, because I am knackered from the exam I had this morning, but I just wanted to shared something with you guys.

I know that a lot of my posts have a light-hearted and jokey tone, however this one will be more serious, but in a good way.

As many of you have probably already seen, Zach Sobiech's story has be circulating the internet recently.
Zach was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (a cancerous bone tumor found in children) in 2009, when he was just 14. Then, in May 2012, cancer was found in Zach's pelvis and lungs, causing him to become terminal. As you can see from just a few images of him, Zach was an incredibly positive person who, instead of wallowing in self-pity, began to live life as if he was going to die tomorrow. Even though he admitted to have both his good and bad days, Zach chose to see the beauty in life. He turned to music in order to help him say goodbye to his family and friends, and ended up writing the internet sensation "Clouds", which you can buy on iTunes and is currently #1 on the singles chart.

"Clouds" by Zach Sobiech

The 'SoulPancake' youtube channel released "My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech" on May 3rd 2013, which told Zach's story and is something I would definitely recommend watching. As I said on twitter early, you will hate the video because it will make you so indescribably sad. But it's okay to cry. It really is. Because Zach was such an inspirational character.

"My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech"

On May 21st 2013, Zach Sobiech died after a long battle with cancer.


I don't want you to feel upset and depressed after reading this post and watching the videos in it. I truly believe that we can each take something from the inspiration that Zach was. And I hope his story will compel people to start looking for what makes them happy in life, and what they can do to make others happy, because as Zach said "What makes you happy is seeing someone else smile because you put it there. That's what's awesome about living in this world, [...] you can help people."


"You don't have to find out you're dying to start living"
- Zach Sobiech (1995-2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment